Individual will be assigned to accomplish design and drafting support for various platforms located at Marine Corps Air Station, Cherry Point, NC. Specific tasks will include parts selection, mechanical modeling/design, and drafting. Support formal design reviews and presentations to customers. The drafter must be expert in SolidEdge or ProEngineer as well as AutoCAD. In addition, candidate must meet appropriate security requirements.
Essential Job Functions:
- Applies knowledge of manufacturing capabilities and engineering design principles to produce accurate solid models and drawings using SolidEdge or ProEngineer. Produces drawings on a quick term basis to meet customer expectations.
- Candidate must have a thorough understanding of the ASME Drafting specification. Applies ASME drafting specifications to create and check detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Candidate must have a thorough understanding of applying Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Develop detailed design drawings and specifications for mechanical and electrical equipment using computer-assisted drafting (CAD) equipment.
- Coordinate with and consult other workers to design, lay out, or detail components and systems and to resolve design or other problems.
- Technical writing/editing tasks in support of development and maintenance of technical data. Translates product designs into instructions for the shop floor (bills of material, blueprints, work instructions, etc).